StreetServicer automatic route and territory creation
Efficient doorstep visits, street servicing, household collection & home delivery
StreetServicer uses proven technology to meet the unique demands of high density neighbourhood collection, delivery and service operations. StreetServicer resource and transport planner efficiently schedules multiple calls on the same roads or streets, whether by vehicle or on foot. As a result, users gain savings in distance travelled and cost. StreetServicer defines individual routes, numbers of operatives required and the mileage and labour needed to service an area.
Meets particular demands of multiple calls on specific sections of the street
These types of operation are very different from those catered for by traditional routing and territory management software.
StreetServicer is specifically designed for this type of operation, addressing issues such as:
- safety concerns: minimise the number of times the field force must cross the street
- practical issues: clearly distinguish each side of the street, e.g. for street cleansing
- customer service continuity: where economic, stick to existing routes with same personnel
- servicing the whole street in one visit: avoid scheduling calls on same road to different routes
StreetServicer meet these challenges by:
- Solving big, complex problems extremely quickly:
- StreetServicer considers calls that are close together and allocates them to street segments first so it's advance algorithm can work fast.
- Optimising resources / territories:
- StreetServicer automatically creates multiple routes if the task involves more visits than one person or vehicle could achieve. It helps determine the optimum number of resources to cover the ground, and decides which roads they should cover. In effect, it automatically creates 'mini-territories' within the area of interest.
- Avoiding overlaps, creates non-overlapping territories & minimises the occurrence of 'islands'.
- This allows planners to assign logical discrete routes to individuals within particular areas and, as far as practicable, avoids the inconvenience of break-away areas.
- Optimising total work-load per operative:
- Takes into account vehicle capacity, time available and health and safety issues such as maximum weight that an individual can carry.
- Specifying preferential routes:
- Routes can be set to retain established customer relationships or ensure special equipment is retained on specific routes that require its use.
- Routing up and down both sides of the road:
- StreetServicer considers each side of the road separately.
- Prioritising time and/or distance:
- Specify whether to use fastest or shortest routes or a balance between the two.
- Considering health, safety and legal issues:
- StreetServicer algorithm includes a "crossing penalty" creating cost effective routes that minimise the number of times staff needs to go across roads. It can balance the convenience of no crossings with the possible generation of long cumbersome routes to provide practical results. The system also observes the rules of the road (driving on the correct side of the street when planning for vehicles).
- Including user-determined cost modelling:
- Allocate costs in ways that best suit your business e.g. cost per unit or time or per call. StreetServicer will optimise on a least cost basis.
- Using address lists or road segments:
- Configure the software to take its input in your preferred format.
- Shaping your routes:
- Specify start & end points or allow StreetServicer itself to determine these. The shape of routes can be set to meet user's business needs (e.g. looped routes).
- Generating clear reports:
- Produces reports providing a management overview of all the territories or showing the route for each driver/distributor.