Collection and delivery route planning software
Collection and delivery route planning involves all the same principles as general multi-drop, full and part-load routing. However, there are specific additional requirements for this type of operation. Truckstops routing and scheduling software optimises collect and delivery routes to find the least cost solution that obeys rules and constraints that you set, including rules about the sequence in which the pick-ups and drop-offs need to be made (e.g. deliver bulky things first to make space in the truck for collections).
- Optimise complex collect and delivery routes
- Create a least-cost plan to save money
- Significantly reduce planning time
- Help meet service level agreements and improve customer service
- Reduce the cost of collection and delivery while providing an even better service to your customers
What is different about collection and delivery routes?
Routes that require goods to be collected and then delivered (e.g. waste collection, milk delivery) need specific collect and deliver route functionality to make sure, for example, that important items required for delivery are picked up first, or that items are only picked up after enough deliveries have been made to create space for the items awaiting collection.
Why optimise collect and delivery route planning with Truckstops?
Using Truckstops routing and scheduling software for your collection and delivery route planning will enable you to accommodate customer time windows, drivers hours, and engineers skill sets etc., and it will also:
- Ensure key items are collected before delivery attempted (e.g. prescriptions picked up from pharmacy before delivery to patient)
- Sufficient deliveries and made before more collections attempted (e.g. drop off new plant stock before collecting empty trolleys for return to nurseries)
- Clean items are delivered before dirty/smelly items collected (e.g. clean laundry dropped off before collection of dirty laundry from fishmongers)
- Vehicles cleaned before collection of specific product (e.g. organic milk collected and delivered before other milk)
- Include reload vehicles in the plan, if needed
We’re now able to schedule our operations much more quickly and efficiently on a least-cost basis that minimises journey times, reduces our carbon footprint and helps us improve our customer service.
Waste Management Services
Users value Truckstops ability to prevent vehicles from being loaded with incompatible products. However, they can also set up the system to disregard this constraint on any given journey as soon as it ceases to apply. A classical example can be seen in milk collections from farms. The operator will want to avoid mixing organic and regular milk on the same collections journey, but can gain extra flexibility if Truckstops knows that once empty, the vehicle can start reloading by picking up either type of product. The “exclusion release” system in Truckstops makes this easy to set up.
FREE LIVE DEMO