Multi-depot / Single Depot Multi-drop Route Planning
Truckstops multi-drop route planner software can optimise your service, collection and/or delivery from a single depot or from multiple depots (one at a time or across the whole operation at once). You can specify where every vehicle starts and ends, or leave the optimiser to suggest locations. Some organisations start and finish routes at a single depot or from specific locations in a multi-depot network. Truckstops is completely flexible. Truckstops VRS solution can:
- Match details of demands with details of resources
- Optimise multi-drop daily scheduling and fixed route revisions
- Generate least cost routes that meet rules set by the user
- Save time and money
- Enable you to do more work, more efficiently
- Help you improve customer service
- Reduce the cost of being in the right place with the correct goods at the right time
Multi-depot multi-drop route planning software
The Truckstops routing and scheduling optimisation engine is designed to calculate the least-cost multi-drop routes for a multi-depot operations. You can assign particular orders to specific depots, or compute the most efficient routes across the whole multi-depot network. For example, you may currently have engineers based in Basingstoke and Oxford, but which should you use to serve Marlow? Depending on the time windows, overtime rates and staff skills etc., the answer might be different at different times. The software will obey all the rules you set and provide a cost-effective solution for the specific workload and resources available.
You can even use Truckstops to model what the likely savings would be if you opened another depot or closed one of your existing warehouses.
Not only could we see opportunities to reduce the existing vehicle fleet, I also realised we could save by opening a new out-base to serve south-east England
Single depot multi-drop route planning
Multi-drop planning for a single depot is similar to a multi-depot scenario in so far as it can also involve planning multiple stops with many criteria. However, single depot operations generally support a smaller fleet so there are less different vehicles to assign stops to. The software can help you make multiple deliveries using the routes that will most cost-effective. The optimisation is always based on least overall cost for the whole operation.
Why use Truckstops for single depot or multi-depot route optimisation?
Whether you are using Truckstops multi-drop planner for a single depot or a multi-depot operation, the software can:
- Efficiently allocate stops or call points to vehicles
- Sequence visits, deliveries and collections to meet time windows and other criteria you set
- Optimise the use of your fleet across the whole operation
- Plan complex scenarios easily
- Model savings if the number or locations of depots changes
- Save time and money
- Plan the least-cost depot from which to serve, vehicle to use and delivery sequence for all your stops
FREE LIVE DEMO